Locksmith Emergencies in Canning Town
Burglaries happen more often in houses that look easy to break into. Things like having a lot of mail at the door, no lights on at night, or an unlocked back door can make a house look like an easy target. To help prevent burglaries, look around your neighbourhood and see which houses look unoccupied or have people living in them, then have a locksmith evaluate their entry points.
It’s important to make your home look like someone is living there, even when you’re not. This means not leaving expensive items in the open, like delivery boxes or a big TV. It also means closing your blinds so people can’t see in. Taking these precautions will make your home less likely to be burglarised. If not, well, these signs show you’re willing to burgle your own home:
- Leaving expensive or valuable items in plain sight or within easy reach. Doing so could tempt thieves or make it easy for them to take what you have. Keeping these items out of sight or in a secure location is best.
- Not investing in timers for your lights, especially if you’re going to be away from home for an extended period. This will help to make your house look occupied and inhabited, deterring potential burglars. Choose a random time for the timer to go off, so it doesn’t look like it’s on a schedule.
- Leaving your doors unlocked at all times, even when people are at home. All intruders have to do is twist the doorknob.
- Posting your current location on social media, so people know when you’re not home. Also, not being careful about who you share your personal information with because some burglaries are committed by people you know.
- Not moving your post and any deliveries or boxes inside or away from your door. This gives the impression that no one is at home.
- Not asking your neighbours to move your mail, open your blinds, or turn on lights. This way, even living alone, you’ll have someone looking out for you.
- Not setting or preparing home alarms, since they will sound and alert your neighbours, scaring them off.
- Not getting your doors checked by a locksmith.
Deter Burglars by Simply Doing the Opposite of These Signs
Do you want to keep your home from being burglarized and make it more difficult for burglars if they target your home? Don’t make yourself an easy target. Deal with your surroundings and involve the community as well!
Motion-activated lights are a great deterrent, illuminating the area and scaring burglars off. Ensuring your alarm system is always activated, especially when you are away from home, will also help to deter burglars and alert authorities if there is a break-in.
Most importantly, get a locksmith down to your house, pronto! They can update your locks for doors, windows, and other access points, so no one goes in (or out). Just be sure you don’t leave anyone at home the next time you go on a trip.
Call Us for Locksmith Emergencies in Canning Town
Keep your home safe from theft with Locksmith Emergencies! We have a locksmith in Canning Town who specialises in rim and night latches, door locks, smart locks, and repair! Get your quote from our website now!